- After the Egypt sources, the anonymous taper contacted me to talk about transferring and editing some more masters from his collection. These Greek Theater shows were a tapers choice, a run he holds near and dear. These tapes were made by a group of friends. The taper explained how he had spent the majority of the weekend waiting in line just to get to the sweet spot inside the venue where he knew the sound would be at its best. He didn't want to see these tapes (and many others) that represent wonderful moments in music history, deteriorate without ever being circulated. For him, these tapes represent really great times, where friendships were made by individuals from different backgrounds and talents with a common goal of trying to capture the sense of being there.
You'll notice a special mention of two names as below: Jamie Poris and Mark Severson. From what I've been told, these three worked as team, along with many others, to get these great pulls. Thanks to them and their friends for putting in the effort to make these tapes! The three Nak 700 mix gives a very full sound. This source and the circulating sources all have there pros and con's. I'll let you as a listener decide which suits your ear. Take what you want and leave the rest. Hopefully many more to follow.
- Between song banter patched in between new Minglewood and They Love Each other from shnID31791
- Drums/space patched from shnID3179
- All tape flips and non invasive pauses between songs are cross faded
- There is a slight blemish in the vocals in a few spots of candyman and althea, Very minimal.
- Slight blemishes in Women Are Smarter and He's Gone. very minor, left as is.
- This is a very nice recording. Very full. An absolute pleasure to work on. Happy b-day and minglewood are a little muffled compared to the rest of the source so stay tuned through these to get a real feel for the show.
- Thanks to MOTB for the use of the HD-p2